Synopsis of the Day
This morning I was rearing to go. Even though I did not do as much during the day as yesterday, I made up for it at home in training. Here is how today looked.
- Backpack 25 lbs
- Climbed 444 stair steps (with pack on)
- Walked 3.09 miles (with pack on)
- Fasted for 17 ½ hours
- 1 hour Taijutsu training (mostly red belt material, with some blue belt mixed in)
- 35 push-ups (knees on the floor) Hey, I have to start somewhere.
- 5 lb free weights until my arms were jello.
Every day, I hike up two flights of stairs in the library to the second floor where I study. Today, I decided to do something wild, walk up to the 4th floor.
While climbing higher and higher, I noticed the gloomy stairwell progressively getting brighter and brighter. At the top was a large domed skylight that cast a warm light around me. I was literally walking into the light.
Do you believe in signs?
Usually, I am on the fence when it comes to signs from above. However, today, the light at the top of the stairs is my sign that I am on the right track.
Are you on the right track?
Check out my Red Belt Challenge.
Thank you for reading.
J. R. Lowe